Manager for the Ambassadstor's Residence to start September 1 , 2021
The Manager performs the full range of household management functions, including:
Meal preparation and service:
Planning and arranging of hospitality events:
- dinners and receptions etc.: responsibilities include shopping, planning the room arrange- ments and decorating the residence appropriately, setting up of buffet tables and bars, and identifying, hiring and supervising kitchen staff and servants
- planning, cooking and serving small meals ( for up to 10 guests - without third party assistance; for more with assistance)
- preparing (includes cooking and baking) and serving tea, coffee, drinks at small morning or afternoon events
Maintenance and care:
- supervising the cleaning of the Residence,
- ensuring that the official part of the Residence is maintained in an orderly condition,
- caring for the inventory of furniture, silver, china, linens, appliances and other items in a careful and appropriate manner,
- laundry and ironing of table clothes, napkins, and organizing cleaning as necessary,
- identifying need for maintenance and repair in a timely manner
- Managing household budget and inventory supplies
- Coordinating and scheduling service contractors
- Answering door, welcoming guests, ensuring security of premises
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will possess leadership qualities, self-motivation, teamwork skills, and demonstrate an ability to perform the required duties in a responsible, inde- pendent, mature and discreet manner. Previous work experience is valued. Knowledge of English is essential.
The position is initially subject to yearly contracts. Based on good performance reviews, a contract of indefinite duration as member of staff of the German Embassy will be offered after 2 years. Working hours are flexible to adjust to scheduling requirements.
The position is to be filled effective September 1st, 2021.
Applications should include the following:
- application letter
- copy of your ID
- copy of your long-term residence permit / work permit (where applicable)
- curriculum vitae
- copies of documents describing your qualifications and your professional experiences
- up-to-date police clearance certificate
Please submit by August 15th, 2021, to the Head of Administration, German Embassy, 1 Waverley Street, Ottawa, or by e-mail to: email@example.com. Incomplete applications or applications received after August 15th, 2021 can not be considered.
Job interviews for successful candidates will be held end of August.
1 Waverley Street
Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 0T8
P.O. Box 379 Stn. A,
Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 8V4
Tel.: 613-232 1101
Fax: 613-594 9330