Watch out for upcoming post on our Facebook channel @GermanConsulateGeneralToronto from 4th to 10th of September for a chance to win your FREE tickets!
The following Terms and Conditions will apply for the prize contest:
1. The contest’s host and organizer is the German Consulate General in Toronto (2 Bloor Street East, Toronto M4W 1A8). This contest is not organized by, sponsored by, supported by or connected to Facebook in any way.
2. In order to enter the contest, participants must have pressed “Like” on both the posting in which the contest was originally published and the page “German Consulate General Toronto” and commented on said posting. Winners are selected at random. The contest starts on the 4th of September 2019 and ends at 3pm on the 10th of September 2019. Potential winners must be at least 19 years of age. Proof can be demanded. Persons who are directly concerned with the contest’s organization are excluded from participating.
3. The prize to be won is free tickets for screenings of the following films at the event “Toronto International Film Festival 2019”:
- “My Zoe” – September 7th, 3pm
- “A Hidden Life” – September 9th, 1pm
- “Guns Akimbo” – September 13th, 9pm
- “Heimat Is A Space In Time” – September 15th, 12.45pm
4. There will be one individual winner per film who will receive two tickets for the respective screening. There will be one posting per film and by pressing “Like” and commenting, participants enter the contest to win tickets for the respective film only.
5. 24 hours after the original posting, a winner will be announced in a comment beneath the original contest post by the German Consulate General. Winners are then required to contact German Consulate Toronto via Facebook-Message within a further 24 hours after the announcement and claim their prize. Prizes are to be shipped through e-mail. There is no transaction cost or shipping fee to be collected by the German Consulate General. If a winner fails to claim their prize within 24 hours, this claim will become null and void and the respective prize will be distributed alternatively without further announcement. The prize cannot be exchanged for its cash value.
6. The German Consulate General reserves the right to exclude persons from the contest who use the contest as a platform to promote racist, sexist, or any other discriminating or unlawful content, or content which might contradict Facebook’s own community guidelines.
7. Prizes are provided by Toronto International Film Festival. The German Consulate General cannot be made responsible, should any fault occur with one of the prizes. After a prize has been received by a winner, the German Consulate General rejects any responsibility for the correct use of the prize.
8. The German Consulate Toronto reserves the right to cancel this contest without further notice.
9. Any personal data collected from participants and winners through this contest will be deleted after the contest ends, and will under no condition be stored or used for any objectives other than this contest. The German Consulate General will be allowed to announce the names of winners publicly on Facebook.
10. For further questions regarding this contest and its data protection policies, users may contact the German Consulate General through Facebook or our website.