Why should we protect the environment?
Is a sustainable lifestyle even possible?
How can we preserve our biodiversity?
What role can and should activism play?
What can I contribute as an individual?
If you have ever wondered about any of these issues, you’ve come to the right place!
We, the Consulate General of Germany in Vancouver, are organizing a panel discussion in which you can ask renowned scientists everything you would like to know about climate change, biodiversity or food security.
Under the banner
Steering away from Global Climate and Nature Crises: Inspirations for you
we kindly invite you to our panel discussion.
Our guest speakers are:
- Dr. Alejandra Echeverri (Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability, UBC)
- Prof. Hadi Dowlatabadi (Professor at the Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability, UBC)
- Prof. Navin Ramankutty (Professor at the Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability, UBC)
- Dr. Christian Reuten (Adjunct Professor at the University of Calgary and Technical Director with RWDI)
- George Radner (Climate Activist and Student at UBC)
Free entry, refreshments & door prizes!
We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Date: September 28, 2019 from 1:30 to 3:30 pm
Venue: Creekside Community Center, 1 Athletes Way, Vancouver, BC V5Y 0B1, Canada