Travelling with Minors


It doesn't matter whether children travel alone or accompanied: Documentation regarding custody can be important.

Travellers who are departing Canada with minor children, as a precaution for possible checks and requirements at the airport and at border crossings, are advised to take a copy of the birth certificate of the child with the parents' names clearly visible, and possibly also a letter of consent (if possible legally certified) of the unaccompanied parent/s or otherwise an evidence of sole custody with them.

Please also refer to our FAQ for further information when applying for a visa.

Top of page